Friday, November 11, 2005

Birthdays & Jellicle Cats

Hello,

As of 5:07 on the 12th, I wil be another year older. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Life just seems to be speeding by - it has for the last few years, and I'd heard that wasn't supposed to happen until I get "old". Einstein had some theory about the faster something moves - the slower it grows. So, perhaps if I speed around, I won't age as fast? :) Many of my friends tell me that I am a charmed one, yet all of the good luck & success in the world doesn't make anyone live forever.

Blah blah blah...

Anyone out there seen the musical Cats? My fiance & I just watched the video. It was his first time (I have seen it live a few times) and we both enjoyed it. Lots of folks criticise it for not having a plot, but it's silly to say that of course. The plot is simple, but it's there - obviously so. The topic? Life & death - who get's to ascend to the Cats version of Heaven & be reborn, etc. It may be a bit out-there, but it's a coping mechanism for that mortality anxiety. I might not buy it myself - but the dancing is awesome.

Be happy
Jj

1 Comments:

Anonymous Joe said...

Nov 12 2007
I tried sending you an email today but it bounced, so hopefully this reaches you instead:

Have a very happy birthday today! I hope you are well.
I know it's been a while since we last talked, but I do miss you and I want to share my good wishes on your day.

I want you to know that I will always consider you a good friend.

Take care and enjoy your day.

Joe Olson

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home